I am a
25 26 27 28 29 year old man living in Chicago on California’s beautiful central coast. I work for a large nonprofit local organization and I love it. When I turned 25, I began making long-term plans and setting large goals for myself. This blog is an attempt to track and complete these goals.
On this blog you will find my ‘great expectations’ as they are tracked through a few projects:
* My long-term great books project that I launched in December 2014.
* A classic film challenge I began midyear in 2014.
* Other life goals and projects I develop for myself along the way that mostly involve learning new things.
Thanks for joining me on this journey.
* Update as of 2018:
- Understand the nature of wine, how it is grown, where it comes from, and all of its intricacies;
- Develop more of a “can-do” fix-it attitude;
- Buy a banjo;
- Move further out to the country;
- Learn to love learning from elders and more experienced people;
- Write a history of SLO County in your own words;
- Always pursue self-sufficiency and self-actualization;
- Read more, make more progress;
- Understand the nature of water with regard to rural living;
- Research homesteading and independent living;
- Life first, money second;
- Write more in my own words, less of an encyclopedia;
- Take joy in simplicity.